Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with Contact Closure Remote Port
The Model 7125 is a DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port
Contact | Link To Product | More Products By This Company
Click on an image to see larger size image ...
|Automatic Fallback || : ||Based on loss of data on Port A (Primary GPS)|
|Port Connectors || : ||(2) DB9 female labeled PRIMARY, SECONDARY|
|Front Panel Control || : ||(1) Rotary Switch|
|Display || : ||(3) Front panel LED's|
|Remote || : ||(1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel|
Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch, with Contact Closure Remote Port
- Automatic fallback based on loss of data on port "A" (PRIMARY GPS).
- Data activity "Watch Dog" switch keeps data flowing.
The PathWay® Model 7125 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with Contact Control Remote Port, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A (PRIMARY) and B (SECONDARY) ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished through the Contact Closure REMOTE Port.
When in automatic fallback mode (AUTO), the unit monitors data activity on the PRIMARY port. If activity is lost, the unit switches to the SECONDARY port (B) until data activity is detected on PRIMARY port (A), at which time the unit will automatically return to the "A" position. If no data is present on either the PRIMARY port (A) or on the SECONDARY port (B), the unit will stay in the "B" position and continue to monitor for data. The user can override automatic fallback operation from the front panel or from the Remote Port and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB9 interface devices from one COMMON DB9 interface device.
- Switches automatically by loss of data activity after 3 seconds that is monitored and detected on PRIMARY port pins 2 & 3.
- Auto-switch logic: If activity on PRIMARY port A, stay on PRIMARY port A; if data activity is lost from PRIMARY port A, switch to SECONDARY port B.
- Switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface.
- Connector interface is (2) DB9 female connectors for PRIMARY and SECONDARY ports. (1) DB9 male connector for the COMMON port.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Manual switching from the front panel 3-position rotary switch: PRIMARY GPS, SECONDARY GPS, and AUTO.
- When the front panel rotary switch is in the PRIMARY GPS or SECONDARY GPS positions, the Remote Control capability is disabled and cannot be activated.
- When the front panel rotary switch is in the AUTO position the Remote Control can be enabled and activated by contact closure.
- AUTO LED blinks to indicate that the Remote Control is activated.
- Remote port also allows for contact closure feedback indicating switch position, and for remotely overriding the switching function only when the front panel rotary switch is in the AUTO position.
- Front panel LED's display switch position, mode and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
PORT CONNECTORS: (2) DB9 female connectors labeled PRIMARY and SECONDARY, (1) DB9 male connector labeled COMMON.
FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects PRIMARY, SECONDARY or AUTO.
DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position, mode and power status.
REMOTE: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
POWER: UL approved 120VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit.
DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0"W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D.
(48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
PACKAGING: Attractive anodized aluminum packaging provides
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard 115 VAC or 120 VAC, power module. Ideal for international applications.
All ESL products are available for export.
DB9 Switches, A/B Switch Box, Automatic Fallback, Fallback Switch, Contact Closure, Network Switches, Model 7125, Data Switches, black box, Data Networks
Submitters of product listings are solely responsible for their content. PRLog can't be held liable for the contents of the product listings. Report Abuse